Thread: Symantec Antivirus can't remove Backdoor.Graybird trojan

Symantec Antivirus can't remove Backdoor.Graybird trojan

I have been using the Symantic Antivirus antivirus from the past several years. As you know it is one of the most promising security programs in the world and also the most popular. Yesterday when I was performing a full scan of my computer this antivirus detects the Trojan called Backdoor.Graybird. So I quarantined this threat and deleted it as told by the antivirus. I hoped that it was removed from my computer. But when I restart my computer the Symantic again shows the same virus as quarantined. It is extremely frustrating to me. How can I get rid of that Trojan from my PC?

Re: Symantec Antivirus can't remove Backdoor.Graybird trojan

I as well, have had Norton Anti Virus perceive the backdoor.graybird trojan on 2 PCs no less. Following drawing my head out for more than a few hours, searching the internet for responds (counting Symantec), I exposed that my Webroot Spysweeper program (lately updated) was the offender. If you contain this application, unchecked the load at bootup and rebooted. From then I didn’t get any problem at all. I consequently eliminated spysweeper from my PC. I assume that you will also have the similar problem.

I have removed the Trojan. I am also using Symantec Antivirus. This was keep prompting me an exposure on CUSTSATKEY.dll which noticed like Backdoor.Graybird, but it was not at all successfully detached due to an additional SERVICE installed and call the CUSTSAYKEY.dll. To get this out
    Open Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > Show hidden files and folders.
    • Go to C:\Program Files\Messenger
    • In that search for five hidden files: custsat.exe , CUSTSATKEY1.dll , CUSTSATKEY2.dll, CUSTSATKEY.dll and CUSTSATKEY.log
    • Now Download Autoruns from SYSINTERNAL
    • Now you need to run that Autoruns
    • Then hunt for WudgSvc in “Everything”Tab
    • Delete it and reboot the system.
    • Once the computer started delete all the five hidden files which lies in C:\Program Files\Messenger

The problem you are getting due to Symantec does not notice custsat.exe like a Trojan.

If you cannot able to remove the Trojan from that Antivirus programs then I urge you to go for different virus removal program. Sometime it is possible that an antivirus program is not capable to delete some threats which are infected to the system files or some hidden files. The Antivirus does not capable to recognize that file as Trojan. The backdoor is somewhat like a remote client and it is somewhat different from virus or worm. So it will be difficult to take out. Check the program which really removes the backdoor

If you essentially contain the svch0st processes running in your computer, not svchost (that's by a zero in its place of the letter "o"), in that case you almost certainly do have a Backdoor.Graybird itrojan threat. There must be numerous svchost processes on a distinctive Windows computer -- except by no means svch0st. Fraction of the cause I analyzed my Norton AV statement like a false positive is that I may perhaps discover on my computer none of the files, services, otherwise registry entries are being component of the Trojan.

amitaraja Guest

Use AVG Anti virus........It will provide u full security regarding virus,Trojans,malwares.......and other securities......according to me it will very helpful to u......