Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Antivirus software for Puppy Linux

AntiVirus Software

Old 13-01-2011

Antivirus software for Puppy Linux

Hey I am new to Linux platform. For that purpose I have installed Puppy Linux in my computer. I heard that exceedingly welcoming intended for Linux newbies. Now I donít have any problem after installing this distro. The major feature like in this was it boot up very fast even in old PC. Now I have got the internet connection for my computer. I heard that the Linux computers are free from viruses. But still I want a good antivirus program for this. IF you have any good options for this then donít forget to reply me. I frequently transfer data from my Linux computer to Windows PC. So I want both as virus free.

Old 13-01-2011

Re: Antivirus software for Puppy Linux

ClamAV is a free of charge and unlock source virus scanner or detector suits for Puppy Linux. That implies that it can straightforwardly be set up natively lying on a Linux computer using the regular package administration organization. This is tremendously suitable. In Debian categories just accomplish apt-get install clamav and it must install.You may moreover would like to install a Graphical User Interface frontend. One called klamav emerges to be the mainly sophisticated.
Old 13-01-2011

There are several antivirus scanners (not a complete antivirus programs) which operate natively inside Linux or Puppy Linux like FPROT, AVG and ClamAV, etc. Certainly, the antivirus scanners are for scanning the files on top of a Windows system. You boot they expect computer from the liveCD. This course of action permits a file scan exclusive of the opportunity of a virus otherwise Trojan pivoting its individuality within the Windows setting.
Old 13-01-2011

F-PROT Antivirus has the benefit of dependability, effortlessness of exploit and stumpy resource expenditure so your PC runs more rapidly. It is furthermore non-obtrusive hence you catch the work finished devoid of intrusion, at the same time as the antivirus runs silently in the surroundings. F-PROT Antivirus designed for Windows offers users by way of automatic real-time exposure and elimination of viruses, worms as well as Trojans from files and e-mails. Innovative and unidentified threats are noticed by the use of F-PROT Antivirus highly developed heuristics expertise based on force proficiency, offering a tough protection for your PC.
Old 14-01-2011

As you said earlier the Linux platform doesnít need any antivirus program for its protection because the virus canít harm anything inside it. But still some users needs antivirus program for the purpose of intrusion from the hackers as well as crackers. Usually the Virus creators uses Linux platform to write code. So it might be possible that the Linux computer might have some those source codes attached in some files. So it becomes necessary to use security software when they connect to some Windows computer by LAN. Still my best choice is to go for AVG antivirus.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Tags: , , , ,