Thread: Antivirus for Nokia N8

Antivirus for Nokia N8

I have been using Nokia N8 mostly for business purposes rather than multimedia. There are several documents in there which are very important regarding my work. There are calendar entries which contains shorts notes, meetings, tasks etc. I am also checking mail and sometime browsing web through this mobile. So I think that there might be chance of getting affected by viruses or some malicious applications. Because sometime also connected my mobile to a wifi network which resides either in my office or home. So there probably have a chance of getting infected. Now my request is there any good antivirus program for Nokia N8 either from Nokia itself or any other popular antivirus vendors? The antivirus must be as good as those in computers and should be updated regularly. Is there any one option like that?

Re: Antivirus for Nokia N8

My popular antivirus program is ESET NOD. I have one in my computer which has been protecting the computer from the post several years. I didn’t get any issue yet. Recently I have discovered that there is a version of mobile. ESET Mobile Antivirus symbolizes ESET´s respond toward increasing protection anxieties within the mobile communication segment. It presents a completely incorporated instantaneous security in opposition to numerous kinds of Spam SMS, Trojans, most Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Rootkits, internet Worms and additional anonymous wicked assaults N8 softwares. I think that it is a best choice for your smartphone.

Kaspersky 7 is particularly premeditated in support of Nokia mobile like N8 or N97. Kaspersky presents normal updates inside which the virus description is modernized. Kaspersky scans all fractions of your phone, still it scans the fresh message taking place its appearance in addition to yet it scans each application you release to identify whichever virus is there by way of the message or else application. It is clear that each antivirus utilizes a quantity of possessions of the phone; consequently it could reduce the performance. This antivirus application is a necessity meant for the internet freaks those who browse onto their phone.

I think that it is not a good idea to install antivirus program for such a good mobile phone or smart phone from Nokia. As far as I know the symbian has better security comparing other platform. There are no issues from the Nokia that their mobile has been hacked or infected by dangerous virus so far. There are small things happened earlier due to users negligence but for now most users have aware about this. If you install any antivirus program for your mobile like N8, it probably going to slows down the phone operation as well as the start up. This might cause the other applications also including your SMS and calls. So don’t go for it yet until there is a security product from Nokia itself which should be genuine.

If you are really looking for a good antivirus for You N8 then you should aim NetQin antivirus. This invention testing as a result of the Research organization of China Mobile, because the first software transiting genuine documentation through the Ministry of Public Security is a dependable mobile creation suggested next to Nokia. Presently, NetQin Anti-virus completely complete supports the for the most part ranges of mobile phones transversely the planet and looks after the phone security by way of all one’s power intended for you. First download NetQin Antivirus to your PC and after that you can move this towards your nokia phone by the use of USB data cable otherwise Bluetooth.

There are no such antivirus programs from Nokia for its N8. When I searched into the OVI store I couldn’t get even single result regarding whichever version of Antivirus program. There are only security programs from third part vendors. They are just the purpose of money making and the popularity of the corporation. They may provide little amount of security to your computer. But when browsing and checking email, don’t think that will provide instantaneous protection or a real-time security over web browser.