Thread: DriverDetective.exe will control your PC, don't run it, It's a trick!

DriverDetective.exe will control your PC, don't run it, It's a trick!

Just to aware you all dont run DriverDetective.exe, it will control your computer, steal your information and will connect to internet and will spread it out. If you have information related to back account's and password than there are possibilities if you losing your money, so beware !!!!

I dont prefer using programs like DriverDetective.exe for finding updates drivers for my system. In stead when i find a need of latest driver, i simply visit hardware maker official site, download it form there and install it in my system. As far as i am aware most "driver updaters" are malware's. Its really a bad idea to use them, so to stay protected follow what i do and you will never get fooled by such junk applications.

I agree to your point that most "driver updaters" are malware's but i trust Driver Genius Professional, it is a professional driver management tool which not only finds updated drivers for your system but it is capable of performing tasks such as back-up, restore, update etc. It just kill the pain out of managing your drivers. I have been using it from some months and it works great and it just helps me out in keeping my system drivers up to date. If anyone you want then you can check about it in detail and go through all it features.

I haven't checked it out but ill surely give it a try, recently i was affected by DriverDetective.exe. So i thought of Waring others so they dont get fooled.

Re: DriverDetective.exe will control your PC, don't run it, It's a trick!

I was unfortunately afflicted with this...
    I was running windows and in my hotmail account I was receiving strange e-mails...
    Everybody says dont click them...
    I did...
    Took me to their "homepage"
    A white page with the number 5 in the top left corner, had a horizontal page divider with "Please wait while the page is Loading" and / "."/ ".."/ "..."
    Awesomely I refreshed the page when it didnt work the first time.

Fortunately I had already setup ubuntu on another partition and DriverDetective.exe can **** off.
    Unfortunately I still know nothing about this software.
    I was smart enough to notice it when I found it.
    I'm hopeful somebody on here can tell me how to rid it from ubuntu as well as my windows partitions.
    Is it still sending out information? Could it quietly activate windows and send out information?

I suppose that .exe files are Windows executable files and cannot be extracted. A windows software will not work in linux, even if you manage to unzip the file. Also in windows, you could try using third-party software such as Revo Uninstaller Pro. It can force to remove any program on your PC. It has a free 30-day trial.

How can I download a free trial in ubuntu and fire it up in windows? When I use windows all exe do not work, part of the virus. No internet browser, no minesweeper, no msn, I'll check and see if I can open DOS, from there can I extract a file from ubuntu or would I have to navigate a webpage with DOS?
    How do I fire up explorer or firefox with DOS?
    How do I navigate the net with DOS?
    How do I click links through DOS?
    How do I install/ fireup this prgram through DOS?