Thread: WavePad (NCH Software) <== spyware/malware/virus/trojan

WavePad (NCH Software) <== spyware/malware/virus/trojan

Today i had downloaded WavePad (NCH Software) and ran the file but i closed the setup program in between. Later i found that it had stole stole my e-mail address and had leaked it all over the web. I was lucky that i was having ZoneAlarm installed which prevented that spyware before it might have caused some other bogus things.Currently i have uninstalled WavePad but i want to know what kind of infection it is, is it a spyware,malware, virus, trojan ? or something else??

I think that you might have installed it from a site delivering such infectious malware with their products. I have just googled out WavePad and have gone through several sites where people have mentioned that it is containing virus and all. There are some other sites too which have got good review from their users, so i will suggest you to download it form a site where people have posted positive review for WavePad, best of luck.

Re: WavePad (NCH Software) <== spyware/malware/virus/trojan

John Doe may not be totally wrong. The same thing happened to me. And searching for "WavePad awards" won't tell me anything except that the program itself may have been good at one time, it tells me nothing about any problems that have been associated with it. I would search instead for "WavePad complaints" or "WavePad virus", anything that would bring up posts that tell of problems with the software.
    Your suggested search terms also would not tell me about the company. How do they get you to install their software? What do they do to your system during installation? Why wouldn't an honest company make these changes optional? Why is it so hard to remove the software?
    Too many questions.

Re: WavePad (NCH Software) <== spyware/malware/virus/trojan

I also think that some of the antivirus detecting the WavePad software's as viruses, I guess that due to some preinstalled viruses this software gets infected too and hence acting the way like a virus does. I have heard that NCH products such as WavePad is an excellent product that I have been using for several years. Why the anti-virus software is targeting audio software, cannot be understood.