Thread: jl.chura.pl/rc

jl.chura.pl/rc

My system has got affected by some kind of virus/trojan and many infected exe files are trying to access jl.chura.pl/rc site. I have tried using Malwarebytes, Spybot and Avast but they are not able to deal with it. Currently i have blocked the site using hosts file entry but i will like to know if there is any other antivirus or workaround that i can try for getting rid of this virus/trojan.

Re: jl.chura.pl/rc

I will suggest you to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or SuperAntiSpyware. You can try out their free version, I have found them to be best in dealing with trojan's. I am not sure but i think that one of the suggested antivirus will surely help you out.

I will like to inform you that jl.chura.pl distributes virus and not trojan. Once your system gets affected by it, they will infect .scr, .html, .htm, .php and .asp files. You can try using AV products but there is no guarantee it will clean all infected executables. I think a better idea will be reformatting and reinstalling windows. Executable files are quite important and if any antivirus delete it for dealing with viruses than you will run in to some other issue further. So to avoid that either use an antivirus like avg that wont delete affected files or do a reformat and reinstall.

I was running in to same issue a week ago. I was using Mozilla Firefox, so while carrying out troubleshooting workarounds i had uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox losing all settings,book marks, and cookies. Since than i am not getting redirected to jl chura site. So if you are using Firefox or any other antivirus i will suggest you to uninstall it and do a clean installation of it again. Just let me know if my solution help you out as well, best of luck.

Yes it is mostly browser related, rather than uninstalling and reinstalling your browser i will suggest you to reset it. I have come across some people who were getting redirected to that site while using Internet Explorer and resetting IE had helped them out. If you dont get any luck after resetting IE than you can try reinstalling it later. Other than this you should also try to search for jl.chura instance in your system and delete them. Just try out the solutions that have been mentioned here and post back the one that helps you so as to help others.