Thread: AVG 8.0 update problem

AVG 8.0 update problem

My system is running on windows xp sp2 and i have installed AVG 8.0. I have found that up date button on the program's main window does nothing. I have tried clicking on system tray but update option appears grayed out. I wanted to know if there is anything i can do about it??

Re: AVG 8.0 update problem

In that case you can try downloading updates from the website and install them manually. I have been doing same in my case, i dont use auto updates and i have turned it off. I never had any issue in installing updates after downloading them from official website. Give it a try and let me know if that's working out for you as well, in case you get any error than make a note of it and post back in your next post so that i can have better idea of the issue you are facing.

I have tried doing that as well, i mean i have downloaded updates from its official website but that when i go in to tools and click on update from downloaded folder than it wont work. Is there any other way of installing those updates without using auto updates???

I had faced same issue earlier, i dont know what was causing it, i was exactly in same situation where clicking on up date button on the program's main window wasn't doing anything. Update option was appearing grayed out in system tray as well but as soon as i restarted my system things went fine. Since than i never faced same issue, as i have mentioned i dont know what was cause of this issue but restarting my system really helped me out.

You can try out the solutions mentioned above but if they dont help you out than i will suggest you to repair avg. If that doesn't help as well than better try uninstalling and reinstalling avg. If there might be something wrong with your avg program itself than repairing or reinstalling should fix it. I cant think of any other solution that might help.

I have checked out for the issue you are facing and have found that there is something wrong going on with recent updates by avg. Many people have reported this to avg and they are wll aware of it, they have mentioned that they will come up with a fix soon. I think that you will have to wait until further update from avg for fixing this issue.

A better idea will be uninstalling avg and installing avast, i have used avg before and i always had issue in updating it. Since installing avast i haven't faced a single issue. It gets updated without any issue, i really dont think that there is any point in waiting for an update from avg.