Thread: Replace an infected system32/winlogon.ece (688)

Replace an infected system32/winlogon.ece (688)

My system has got affected by Trojan horse Generic12.KOA,Trojan horse Dropper.Bravix.O and Trojan horse Agent.ALLS. My winlogon.exe has got affected badly and i am willing to replace it rather than deleting it. Currently i am not able to update AVG,windows, neither install Malwarebytes or Superantispyware. I just want to know the best thing that i can do for replacing winlogon.exe??

Since you have mentioned that your system has got affected by Trojan horse i will suggest you to better format your system and reinstall windows operating system. I dont think that you will be able to replace winlogon.exe from any where.

Re: Replace an infected system32/winlogon.ece (688)

I just wanted to know if you have tried scannow command for repairing system files. If not than give it a try and see if that's helping. As far as replacing winlogon.exe is concerned you can boot with BartPE-type disk and replace winlogon.exe manually.

I was exactly in same situation earlier but i was able to fix it by using Avira AntiVirus Rescue System (Bootable Linux scanner). It had renamed some file and later i was able to remove winlogon.xxx and replace it with correct one. I did not had any issue in installing any update and any program further, i had carried a through scan using Avira AntiVirus and it had detected and removed about 300 trojans. My system has been running fine since than, i will suggest you to use Avira AntiVirus Rescue System, in case if you face any issue further, you can feel free to ask, best of luck.