Thread: Bootable antivirus CD

Bootable antivirus CD

I want to notify information here about bootable antivirus scanner that is much more helpful in many ways. McAfee offers you one bootable cd image that can detect malware and kill them through disc. I have a Vista system. Recently due to many malware my system was not working well and I was quiet confused what to do. I found this bootable disc and it worked. There are around 400 infection detected.

Try AVIRA Recue CD. This CD is powerful enough to detect and scan malwares. I am using AVG, but this kind of rescue disk are enough capable of giving you clean solution for detecting and replacing malware. The boot CD is powerful enough to scan and locate complex trojan. All you need to do is get the most recent version only as it has updated virus definition. It is freely available. You can keep it handy with you.

Bootable antivirus scanner are helpful. I use a usb for that. I had kept iso of around 3 to 4 different antivirus. They are nice and scan the system thoroughly. As there are very less chances that a antivirus can work if you are scanning it through a bootable media. Compared to USB, CD are more secure. If you go for a some rescue disc, they can also offer you more option to restore your Windows file. That is another reason I carry Linux Live CD with me. This provides me a GUI interface of copy pasting files and folders.

There are two tools that I will recommend all to keep. The first one is SuperAntiSpyware and the second one os MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. You can have this both to keep your system secure from virus. The best part of using this package is that they work with any installed antivirus. There is no compatibility error or system conflict.