Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

.exe is not a valid Win32 application error message

AntiVirus Software

Old 01-08-2008

The "not a valid Win32 application" message occurs when you try to open a corrupted file, usually damaged during the download process. To resolve this problem, just stop the process, and download the file again. You can also try running the file rather than saving it, when you're prompted to make a choice. If its an application.

Old 01-08-2008

I have re-downloaded the file, deleted the old one, tried almost everything, but still I keep on recieving this message.
I downloaded a few more .exe files, and I am getting the same message, when I try to open them.
Old 01-08-2008

May be the file is not compatible with your operating system. Newer games require certain files to be added to your operating system, so I would recommend trying to update your windows.
Old 01-08-2008

There are mainly 4 reasons for this error
1. File is corrupt, bad, or missing.
2. File is not designed for your version of Windows.
3. File is a virus, worm, or other malware file.
4. Hardware incompatibility.
Old 22-09-2008

setup.exe is not a valid win32 application

I downloaded oracle 9i for my study and i unzipped for further installation procedure...
After unzip, i double clicked setup.exe an error appeared as '<pathname where setup.exe is installed>is not a valid win32 application'...
Please suggest me the way to get rid of this problem....

I also tried unzipping again....
Old 22-09-2008
Administrator

Did you try to search the forums for a similar problem ?

http://forums.techarena.in/tasearch.php
Old 26-09-2008

Not a valid win32 application error

Whenever I try to open certain files on my computer, I get the error message as Not a valid win32 application. How can I open this kind of file?
Old 26-09-2008

This error can occur if
  1. the file is corrupted, bad, or missing.
  2. the file is not designed for your version of Windows.
  3. the file is a virus, worm, or other malware file.
  4. there is any hardware incompatibility.
Old 26-09-2008

Getting "Not a valid win32 application" error message. Take a look at this. It will help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896461
Old 06-10-2008

Ran the DOS command thingy and it matches what you posted all right......
I have installed it on Vista Basic with full administrator privelidges.
The DOS thingy states that that is the file association (the 8 thingy etc) but still not opening by double clicking.....
Surely a reg key issue ???????
AAAArgh..............
Thanks again
Old 06-10-2008

Thanks /n /dde ?

Got this.....

Word.Document.8="C:\Program Files\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE /n /dde

No idea what it means and the last few bits are different from what you posted........ i.e. /n /dde

Why the forward slashes and spaces on the last bit ?????
Old 20-01-2009

.exe is not a valid Win32 application error message

Don’t know hat is wrong with my system, it wont allow me to install .exe files any more. Whenever I try to run any exe file, let it be any game exe of even firefox or opera, it gives me an error saying “exe is not a valid Win32 application”.

As troubleshooting I scanned my system with Norton Antivirus, deleted all temporary files but yet the same result. Please help me to fix it out. Thank you.
Old 21-01-2009

re: .exe is not a valid Win32 application error message

Am sure there would be some malware in your system that is creating this problem and preventing to run .exe file. I dont think Norton is so effective to remove malware, hence you need a proper malware remover to get it fixed, and it is Malwarebytes. If you want you can download it from here
Old 21-01-2009

re: .exe is not a valid Win32 application error message

Similar problem with me as well guys. Everytime i keep getting win32 error message. Please someone let me know what i need to do to fix these issues. i do know small troubleshooting but this is out of my knowledge. hoping some good fixes.
Old 21-01-2009

It is not such a big problem, lets try out few workarounds. First of all you should login in safe mode and see if you can run or open such files. Also make sure that you have downloaded the proper file, many times (if you have downloaded from any unofficial sources) those files use to be fake. In such cases rename those files from abc.exe to abc.com and see if it opens in any of your browser. If no good result, launch taks manager and see if there is any process running with name rundll.exe. If it is there, right click and kill the same. Also kill all unwanted process and try to run .exe setup files again.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Tags: , , ,