Thread: Win32/Agent.ONB Trojan virus built into an mp3 player rom

Win32/Agent.ONB Trojan virus built into an mp3 player rom

My cousin has a mp3 player with usb connectivity support. I do not know the model, it is some china make. He gave that to me to fill up some songs in it. When I connected the same I found some files. They are :autorun.inf, AMT.sn and start.exe. Now when the usb is connected and open its folder my antivirus Nod32 pops out a warning saying that there is a trojan in it. It is some Win32/Agent.ONB. I had scanned the same and it was moved to the vault. There is similar mp3 a different model with my sister. That never showed a virus like this which I connect it with a usb cable. The older one is now not working after scanning. I am getting a error on the top right saying the device is not recognized. While start.exe is counted as a virus. Is this file responsible for providing access to the internal folders for copying data.

Re: Win32/Agent.ONB Trojan virus built into an mp3 player rom

It looks like a worm t me. Ample of this removable devices comes with Autorun files. This autoruns are infected and when you click to view this files the virus enters your system. You must always scan before adding or removing files. Buy a good antivirus. Do not rely on free editions. Antivirus like Norton has ability to heal files and it would give you a much powerful support.

When you connect the mp3 player it will be detected as a removable media. Just ensure that there is no settings inside for that. Most of them act as plug and play device. And removing files from them does not thing. Do you have any driver cd with that device. There are certain flash drivers that comes with U3 technology. This technology allows the devices to autorun some internal files. I think it would be possible to get rid of those. Do this, take a backup of the files inside it and then format it. Reconnect the same and then check back.

It looks like a plan issue of virus. But this is weird to find that if you remove some files it cause that drive to remain undetected. Somehow I think this to be a driver issue. If you format the system your entire drive will fail to work properly. Scan the drive a number of time until you find no detection. There can be certain serious virus which can spoil your system. A malware spreads very quickly and will spoil your other data also.

I had the same problem, but with the Trojan.Horse.PSW.Agent.YOM using AVG 8.

And I SOLVED that, configuring my mp3 player to not auto music transfer:

1) Press the Mp3 player configuration button to enter the configuration Menu,

2) then choose the option: Sys
    ( It is the 5th option to the right: Msc, Rec, Voi, Fm, SYS, txt, tel )

3) Inside Sys configuration menu:, choose: Auto Music Transfer
    ( it is the 8th option to the righ: Record quality, Backlight time, Color, Power Off, Replay set, Contrast, Languaje, AUTO MUSIC TRANSFER, Memory info, Edition, Default, Exit )

4) Inside Auto Music Transfer: choose No ( close or disabled )

And after that, the next time you plug your mp3 player, you will not see the AMT_CDROM again.

Hope that this would be usefull.

Hello!
    I have the same problem, tried An USB vaccine and what you said, but i simply don't have this 'configuration' on my mp3 here so i couldnt make it through and the plus driver, with the Trojan does not let me open files and send them to the mp3 player,
    could you pls help me?

thanx in advance

Use a antimalware. That would fix the issue. There are tons of free tools available on web that can offer you a clear help. I had a mp3 player which I had given to my friend. When he returned the same, there are many virus already infected and cause severe issue. If the antivirus or antimalware detect the same as low risk the you can ignore that. As whenever you connect it will be detected and blocked. But high level threats cannot be ignored.