Thread: Avira Free Update Problem

Avira Free Update Problem

My Avira is not updating on its own. I had tried to done that manually but that too failed. It keeps on showing me one common message on screen that Avira failed to update. I had tried to restore the same but that too failed. I found some steps on Avira forums which told to clear the temp files. That too did not worked.

It looks some files are corrupted. It happens sometime when updates failed and your antivirus does not work properly. The best way to fix that is re-installing it back again. It would work better after that. You have the updates. You said that you tried the manual process also. Remove Avira properly and then re-install it. Before running it run a fresh antivirus update and then check back. That would be a much better option and it will help you in many ways.

My free edition has the same issue. It is not updating at all. But the manual process works. The antivirus taking the files properly. You must check that your files are properly downloaded. If they are corrupted or if there is incomplete file then the update fails mostly. Did you installed any other similar type of security software in your system. Because I had seen those who are using more than one face compatibility issues. Check that the place where antivirus is installed has ample of storage space to run the virus definition.

My updates too failed. But manual is working. It is worthless updating the same manually. I am also using the free edition of AVIRA. I hope this is going to work properly. I am going to re-install, but in that manner I have to download all update from scratch. Try to disable your firewall if you had turned that on and then try to run the update. Another important thing you have to check when you are running virus update run that in admin account.