Thread: Is Virgin PC Guard a effective antivirus

Is Virgin PC Guard a effective antivirus

Does Virgin PC Guard is a effective antivirus or a security solution I can go for. My friend has given me this and now it is the time to renewal. I had seen changes in other antivirus which are effective compared to this one. I want to know that will it be worth to go for a new renewal or should I stick with some better alternative available. Thanks.

I think it is good. I am using the same for last 2 years and found it effective. It is basically your choice what you want to buy. You can compare different antivirus with each other and checkout the features. That would give you a better answer. It is recommended to have a popular internet security suite, if you are a internet savy kind of person.

I had switched my antivirus, but still my dad's system has Virgin PC guard. I am not sure about the output but I seen the performance is not fine. It looks to be very slow and the configuration settings lack many things. I prefer AVG better than this one. You can get a yearly license and install that in your system. It is quiet powerful to handle different number of threats and it is very effective also. There is a free edition that you can test and find out whether it will work or not . There are other more antivirus which comes with similar kind of features. If you go with the popular antivirus they are more optimized for improving system performance.

PC Guard lacks performance. It makes system much more slower. I am using this for almost a year and now I had found that after installing AVG the system boots much faster and protection is acceptable. It is necessary that you choose a antivirus which does not make your system slow or cause any major issue with the performance. Already my system run son 512MB ram and I cannot afford to have a complex security suite that would affect other software output.