Thread: Turn Kaspersky off

Turn Kaspersky off

I am having Kaspersky AV 2009 installed in my system and i need to turn it off while playing offline game. I have tried turning it off from Task Manager/Processes but than i get an message saying "Access denied". I dont know why i am getting that message even when i have turned off AUK. i just want to know if there is any other way by which i can turn it off?? Help regrading this will be highly appreciated.

If you are not able to turn it off from task manager than right click on Kaspersky icon in system tray and choose exit option. Make sure that you are choosing exit option rather than pause. If you will pause it than its protection will get paused but its process will continue to run in background. Just try out what i have suggested and feel free to ask if you need any further help.

Re: Turn Kaspersky off

Hello.I have a Kaspersky 2010.My mother made facebook on a blacklist and forgot the god damn password to undo it.How can i turn Kaspersky off,or is it even possible to turn Kaspersky off WITHOUT the god damn password?
    Please help,thank you.

Re: Turn Kaspersky off

There is a way by which you can remove the password Kapersky antivirus.
    For that boot your system in safe mode first and then go in the program files folder. The folder is located in the Windows directory, by default which is C. In that search for the kapersky setup folder and rename the file avp.exe to an temp.exe file. Then reboot your system. Run the file you renamed just one and enter in the service > settings tab. Now from this you can back again enable the Self-Defense and password protection.