Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't install or uninstall McAfee

AntiVirus Software

Old 13-10-2008

Can't install or uninstall McAfee

My system is running on windows xp and i was trying to install McAfee on it but something went wrong in between and installation got terminated. Now i am not able to uninstall it or install it again, i am just running out of ideas, is there anything i can do about it??

Old 13-10-2008

Why are you not able to uninstall it or install it?? i mean are you getting any kind of error message or what? if yes that post it in your next reply so that i can have better idea of the issue you are going through. By the time you can also download and use uninstaller program for uninstalling McAfee first.
Old 13-10-2008

Actually i am not getting any error as such, uninstallation and installation process just get stuck in between and i have to kill its process from task manager every time. I am not able to make out whats stopping these processes from completion. I have tried using revo uninstaller and it had removed some file but i am getting same response while carrying out uninstalltion or installation process. Please let me know if there is any other workaround that i can try out for installing McAfee successfully.
Old 26-03-2009

Re: Can't install or uninstall McAfee

I am in same situation, my system is running on windows XP Home Edition SP2 and even i am not able to uninstall or install McAfee. I have tried using revo uninstaller as well as MCPR Uninstaller tool but upon reboot i came across an error saying "Updater run-time error ‘-2147024770(800700e)" Automation error: The specified module could not be found." what's that?? any ideas??
Old 02-04-2009

You are getting that error message because your system registry is still containing references to McAfee and window might be trying to start it upon boot. If you are aware of registry editing than run regedit and remove all references to McAfee. Other than this you should remove all files and folders related to McAfee from your system. If you dont have knowledge about registry than use registry cleaner for getting rid of invalid registry references.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > AntiVirus Software
Tags: , , ,