Thread: Avast Pro 4.8, NOD32 or Avira Antivir Pro?

ulixi@emmail.it Guest

Avast Pro 4.8, NOD32 or Avira Antivir Pro?

I am willing to install antivirus in my new system and i have found these ones to be better. Now i am not able to make out the best one amongst them. I haven't used any of them by now and i dont want to waste my time in testing them all. So is there anyone who might have used them and can point me the best one for my final choice??

David H. Lipman Guest

Re: Avast Pro 4.8, NOD32 or Avira Antivir Pro?

If you are getting it for home use than go for Nod32, if for office use than Avira Antivir Pro. I am using them both accordingly and they both just works great.

Lars-Erik Østerud Guest
    I dont have much idea about Avira Antivir Pro, in my case i have used NOD32 for a long time and was quite happy with its performance until i tested out avast. I found avast to be better than Avira Antivir Pro and that's the reason i have sticked to avast. I did not had any issue with Avira Antivir Pro, its quite good but avast is better. So my vote goes for avast.

FredW Guest

Re: Avast Pro 4.8, NOD32 or Avira Antivir Pro?

A much better idea will be using NOD32 for "real-time" as it is quite light and Avira Antivir Free as "on-demand" scanner. I have been carrying out both of them in my laptop from 2 months and i haven't faced any issue. The both works great and keep my laptop virus free, they are worth getting. In case you dont want to run two antivirus on your system i will suggest you to go with Avira Antivir Free. It is simply one of the best antivirus i have came across by now.

ulixi@emmail.it Guest
    That's really not a better idea, it is not recommended to run more than one antivirus on any system. I have come across many people running in to serious issue after installing more than one antiviruses in their system. Just check out antivirus section of this forum and you will come across number of threads addressing issue caused by using different antiviruses on single system. Antivirus program are likely to interfere with each others processes creating a lot of mess for their users. As far as best between mentioned antiviruses is concerned + 1 for Avira Antivir from my side, as mentioned its simply the best.

Avast pro 4.8 is freckin awsome!! Installed it for over 10 friends but bullguard is still better