Thread: Disable Avast At Startup..

Disable Avast At Startup..

I have installed Avast 4.8 Home and I want to know if it is possible to stop it from loading at startup?? I have turned off it services and have turned it off from MSconfig as well but it comes up upon reboot. I dont think i am missing out anything but i will like to know if there is anything that i need to check?

Re: Disable Avast At Startup..

Just cross check and make sure that you have not missed anything from below steps.
    • Go to start, click on "Run", type "msconfig.exe" without quotes and press "Enter"
    • Once System Configuration window gets opened Select "Startup", click on "Startup Item" button, check out for "avast!" or "ashDisp.exe" and Uncheck box for it.
    • After making this change click on apply and click on OK.

Close System Configuration window reboot your system and now Avast should not get launched at Startup.

Re: Disable Avast At Startup..

Thanks for your quick reply , i am aware of the solution that you have mentioned and i have tried it several times but as i have mentioned it come's up after reboot. I have checked regarding my issue in other forums, some expertise had mentioned that i might be having some other antivirus/firewall installed in my system which might be interfering with avast, messing up its functionality. In my case i am not having any other antivirus/firewall installed in my system. So there is something that is causing this issue but i am not able to make out exactly what, any further help regrading this will be highly appreciated.

As far as i can guess there might be some malicious programs which might be stopping msconfig from disabling Avast. If that's true than you can go in to settings, click on troubleshooting and checkmark 'Disable Avast self-defense module' box.

You can try out solution mentioned above but if you dont get any luck with them than you can try uninstalling and reinstalling vast or simply repairing it. If there might be anything wrong with avast itself than repairing or reinstalling should help you out.