Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security Install Problem

Kaspersky Internet Security Install Problem

I was using AVG from a couple of months but now i am willing to install Kaspersky Internet Security. I have uninstalled AVG from mys system but i am not able to install Kaspersky Internet Security. I have tweaked about this with some of my college mates and they said that AVG might be still there in Registry preventing Kaspersky from getting installed. I dont have much idea about editing registry so i wanted to know if there is a free Registry cleaner program that i can use for now and proceed with installation of Kaspersky ??

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security Install Problem

The ones that i am familiar with are Grisoft's AVG Remover and CCleaner, they both are available for free and can help you in cleaning registry. In case if you dont find them helping than you will have to manually search for entries related to AVG and delete them. If you're still not able to install Kaspersky than let me know about the error you might be getting so that i can have better idea of issue you are going through. I think one of the mentioned Registry cleaner program should help you out.

I will suggest you to use Grisoft's AVG Remover rather than using CCleaner, since it is AVG product i think that it will surely help you out in dealing with avg entries in registry. In case if that doesn't help than contact Kaspersky User Forum and address your issue to them, there might be users who might have gone through same scenario and will help you out as well.

I'll try using Grisoft's AVG Remover as well as CCleaner and will post back if i get any help from them. As i have mentioned, i dont have knowledge of editing registry so i dont want to run in to any issue after deleting any entry. I have heard that if any thing goes wrong with registry than my system will run in to serious issue further so to avoid that i think using mentioned Registry cleaner program will be a better idea, fingers crossed until than.