Thread: Disable Avast startup

Disable Avast startup

I have installed Avast Pro and i want to disable it from from loading anything at startup. I have tried disabling it services from msconfig and using third party service manager but no luck yet. I will like to know if there is anything i can try to disable it from loading at startup?

Re: Disable Avast startup

First make sure that you are logging in as administrator, than go in to control panel > administrative tools > services and disable it from there. I have tried disabling it in same manner and its working, in case if that doesn't work for you than let me know.

I will suggest you to better uninstall Avast and install BitDefender10 Free Edition or Kaspersky's AVPTool. You dont have to worry for updates as its scanning engine get updated several times a day, just have to download the updated scanner while doing scan. If you dont want to use BitDefender10 or Kaspersky's AVPTool than you can check out Malwarebytes - Anti-Malware as well.

I appreciated your assistance for helping me out but i dont want to use any of the antivirus mentioned by you. I dont have any issue with Avast Pro and i am quite satisfied with it but it's just that i am not able to disable it from loading at start up. I have tried disabling it with administrator privileges as well but that's not making any difference, just let me know if there is any further workaround that i can try out.

If you have knowledge of editing Registry, than you can use RegEdit.exe and check out below keys:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    One of the above key might be having path and name of the files that has to be prevented from loading at startup. Once you get these keys you can take backup of them and delete their file entry.
    If that doesn't help than check out troubleshooting part of avast setting, ive heard that there is an option for disabling Avast self-defense module, Best of luck.

Thank you, that did the trick for me.

After disabling the Self Defence mode through the menu > Troubleshooting I was allowed to remove the Avast from the startup using msconfig.