Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Antec Brand Forum
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-09-2013

using antec truepower quattro PSU on new computer build

I have a pretty old computer that was built with Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W power supply. So, I am now looking to upgrade to a new computer build but was wondering if this power supply would be used with the new system? The Power Supply is working well but it is 4 years old so far, so should I get a new PSU or will this suffice? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 01-10-2013

Re: using antec truepower quattro PSU on new computer build

The Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W power supply will definitely run now-a-days high end PCs with any Intel I core processors and even a high end graphics card from Nvidia or Radeon. The PSU is very good, but anything used over 3 years of a time could not be guranteed for future running. So, it will be good if you buy a new power supply because soon this antec psu will not work properly because of its 4 years or running.
Old 03-10-2013

If the Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W is working fine, then you can atleast run it for sometime. But as a caution, I will ask you to check the readings of the power supply in BIOS. Go into hardware monitor or some similar area where all the CPU Temp readings are registered. There you will need to check the readings of +3.3V and also +12V is above its reading. If it is below then consider to replace the PSU as soon as possible.
Old 04-10-2013

Well, I would also say that it will be a risk to run this PSU with high end computer build, since it is very old, even though it is a good brand of PSU. Note that if the power supply dies, then it will also damage many parts in the computer as well. Because it is quite old, I wouldnt use it and definitely try to buy another PSU for the new build.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Antec Brand Forum
Tags: , , , ,