Thread: Antec 920 cooler for i7-3930k

Antec 920 cooler for i7-3930k

Does Antec 920 cooler is enough for Intel Core i7-3930k processor. I am having a gaming pc. It has 2GB graphic card with the latest Core i7 processor and 4GB RAM. Now I had seen that while playing game the cpu heats up. I came to know about this when the game lags. I first thought the issue was with the game. So re-installed the same a number of time. But that did not helped much and at the end I installed a cpu monitor which shows high temperature. Can anyone help me here to deal with the issue. Thanks.

Re: Antec 920 cooler for i7-3930k

Try to check your heatsink. That can fix the issue. There is no need to buy a separate cooler here. It is necessary that you must purchase a good heatsink from the market. There are ample of them available. Remove your cpu fan and apply it over the lower part and place it back.

Antec 920 offers liquid cooling support. It is one of the most portable model available under liquid cooling option. It is reasonable according to me. The benefit of using this model is low maintenance. While other liquid cooling kits offer more number of setups. Antec Kühler H2O 920 comes for $119. That makes it costly but also on the same hand it is beneficial for all kind of system. In terms of overclocking this cpu cooler will simply work great. You just have to hook it on the processor and add the liquid cooling kit on the backside of the cpu case. The configuration is simply easy here. If you are not going to overclock your pc and will be using it just for basic usage then going for this will be costly. Because there are many reasonable air cooler available that works really better. Many overclocker prefer to go with liquid cooling as it provides a bit of safety over air cooler. It makes keeps your cpu more cooler and also enhance the system performance.

Go for traditional air cooling that will be more better. You can simply buy a decent cpu fan in the market will will be helpful. Antec also has advance cpu cooler compare to the regular one.

I think Antec KÜHLER H2O 920 will be helpful for you. It is designed to give maximum performance in terms of cpu performance. The best part of having this cooler is that it is very easy to setup. There is no need to go with complicated connection. You just need to assemble it properly and hook it on the processor. That's all. It will do the job. While other liquid cooling fans can irritate you in setup. You have to configure ample of things to hook it completely and there is always a issue of leakage. Also the cooler comes with zero maintenance. That means you do not require to change any part or simply change the internal cooling liquid. The existing model right now comes with 120mm fan. And also the kit has copper cold-plate which are efficient in heat removal. For overclocking this cooler offers nice output. Antec also offers a utility along with cooler through which you can manage and control the cpu fan. Buying a costly air cooler is not wise investment. Instead of that you can go with this mid range cooling kit.

I am having Intel Core i5 processor. I use turbo boost utility here. That simply helps to boost the cpu performance to some extent while using it on gaming. The output is reasonable and great. For cooling I am using Antec A40 cpu fan. It is more better than a regular one. A bit costly but effective.

You are only required to take extreme measures if you are going for overclocking. Or else going for any reasonable cpu fan is more than enough. Here when you are not using a liquid cooler the heat sink also matters a lot. Some great air cooler buy Antec are KÜHLER Shelf and Performance Max CPU Cooler. This are two full size cpu fan that are designed to provide maximum cooling output to the cpu. KÜHLER Shelf is bit different here. It is designed for Intel Core i7 type processor. It offers maximum heat transference that makes the cpu cooler when you are using it under extreme condition. The fan on this cooler blows towards downward. This in return add cooling to your fan as well to the motherboard also. The heat pipes hooked on the cooler are better in drawing out heat. It has a single 120mm fan on the top side that is quiet efficient in cooling system.

I have Antec C40 is another great cpu fan for keeping the system cooling in terms of gaming and overclocking. I do not really overclock at extreme rate. I keep in at reasonable rate so that the performance is not affected at all.