Thread: Antec 620W vs OCZ 700w Power Supply

Antec 620W vs OCZ 700w Power Supply

My old PSU is not working well, so now I want to upgrade to a new power supply that can support my i7 core processor with Radeon 6000 series graphics card. Since I am on a low budget, I am still looking for a power supply that is reliable. So I am looking for a quite PSU, something like the Antec HCG-620M or the OCZ ModXStream 700w Pro. Both of this power supply are modular and not very costly like the Corsair ones. So, can anyone tell me which among this 2 should I buy? Thanks.

Re: Antec 620W vs OCZ 700w Power Supply

The Antec HCG-620M 620W power supply has the perfect combination of power and efficiency. Antec High Current Gamer features special High Current connectors for heavy load and cabling that supply extreme levels of power and superb efficiency, thanks to 80 PLUS Bronze certification and Active PFC use. The connectors are of the highest quality, brand by Japanese, capacitors and fans of 135 mm double ball bearing are also very quiet. The HCG-5620M is characterized by a high capacity management cables with 10-pin modular connectors. If you are looking for massive power, High Current engineering and extreme efficiency, then this is the PSU for you.

Even I agree that you should go with the Antec High Current Gamer M 620W Power Supply. It has got ample of features and comes at a low cost as well. Check the features of this PSU below:
    • 620 watts of continuous power
    • Certification 80 PLUS Bronze - up to 87% efficiency
    • Hybrid cable management system including modular special 10 pin and 5-pin connectors for intensive rail
    • Quiet 135mm double ball bearing fan
    • Discrete cables: all cables have been darkened to be as discreet as possible inside the box
    • Only Japanese brand capacitors for reliability
    • The Temprature Control allows advanced control of low power fan to optimize the management of heat and noise
    • Up to 90% of rated power available on the +12 V rail
    • Complies with ATX 12V 2.32 version and EPS12V 2.92 version
    • A protection circuit that protects against industrial level risks
    • Protection against overcurrent
    • Protection against overvoltage
    • Protection against undervoltage
    • Short circuit protection
    • Protection against overload
    • Protection against transients

I am using OCZ ModXStream 700w Pro that combines low power, high efficiency and optimized performance. It is able to deliver the power you need while ensuring a quiet environment. I have used the ModXStream for the last 6 months and it worked very well. The price is also not so high and you are paying for a quality psu as well. The ModXStream is an excellent power supply with more wattage than I could ever need running a radeon 6870, Phenom II X4, 2x120mm fans and a HDD and a SSD.