Thread: Certificate Authority Not Trusted

Certificate Authority Not Trusted

I have recently installed an enterprise CA on my network. It was automatically added as a Trusted Root CA on my domain. But last week, I found out that the CA is not listed in the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities. I had put these PCs in a different OU and applied a group policy with the Enterprise CA certificate added as the trusted Root Certificate Authority. I have noticed that these PCs lost all other certificates in the trusted Certificate Authorities list. I want my enterprise root CA to be trusted by the domain computers. Is there anyone who can help. Thanks.

Re: Certificate Authority Not Trusted

Can you try to check if there are any errors in the eventlog or machines and CA? Have you tried to use GPO to distribute the Root CA certificate public key?

Go the the below website and check the "Verifying CA Installation" and also check which groups is the CA memberof, if it is listed in ADSS, section and go ahead to the additional steps to confirm the deployement. Incase everything is fine, then you should be able to auto enroll the CA public key for the machines in the domain using GPO.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...t_root_ca.mspx

Thanks for the replies. I have gone through the website and I have configured a group policy to do certificate auto enrollment and added my root CA certificate in the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities list. The root CA was successfully added to the list of trusted root CA's list.