Thread: there are currently no logon servers available

there are currently no logon servers available

I’m running Windows 2003 Forest. It has several domains connected over WAN from different states. For example, take it as Domain A in one state, Domain B in another and Domain C in some other states. There are such 10 domains connected. Now, if I login to Domain A and try to access share from Domain C, it works great without any problems but at the same time when I try to Domain Z and access share on Domain C, it gives me an error message saying:

“You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this to find out if you have access permission.

There are currently no logon servers available.”

Though I out the correct Domain C\user and password, why is it giving me such error again and again. Any idea? Please help.

Did you checked the DNS resolution between configure domains? Is it fine? To me most probably it appears like it is Trust problem. So once verify the trust. In order to do this, you can make use of ‘nltest’. You can get more info about nltest here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158148

Re: there are currently no logon servers available

i use a small business server 2003. i had configured the network and then something happened and i had to do a fresh installation of the network. i created fresh accounts and computers on the servers and had rejoin the compueters (windows vista) back to the server and then i got the "there are currently no logon servers.......). what i did was simple. i just checked the time on my server and i realized it wasn't synched with the time on the workstations. i corrected this and ....that's it. all workstations joined to the server with no errors and with all their files and folders intact.