Thread: adding a windows 2003 domain controller

Adding a windows 2003 domain controller

I am having a Windows 2003 server forest. There are different servers on the same network. Now here I am trying to simply add a new domain controller. But it fails to work. I cannot add the same under any condition. When I try to add active directory I am getting a message that the forest is not ready. You will have to run adprep for the same. At functional level things look to be working fine, but somehow it is not really working well. Can anyone provide me information on the same.

Try to run forest prep and then check back. When you run forest prep and things went fine here the schema will be extended. I think you are not following appropriate settings due to which you are facing trouble. There are some new feature added in the R2. That you can use for this kind of problem. Just update all first and then move ahead with troubleshooting the problem.

I do not think it would be so complicated to deal with the problem you are facing. Instead of giving you incomplete steps I am providing you a technet link that has complete information on following the migration process. The link below will help you to add a site or domain to an existing forest or not. You can do that through Group Policy Management Console. Just refer the link below and you will be able to find ample of answers in the same.

Add a forest, site, or domain to the Group Policy Management Console