Thread: can I view user account SID and GUID via ADSI

Can I view user account SID and GUID via ADSI

I am working on attribute objectGUID and objectSID. The value here are quiet different. I had used some other utilities where I found different value. Know I just want to verify which one among them is correct. I am here searching for the correct attribute but unable to work on it. I need some help here. Is there a way available to convert the format. I am sure there is some possibility. I just want to convert the same both ways. Thanks.

For that you can simply use adsiedit.msc. This will be helping you more. You have to go in OU of the user account and there you can find properties. In it just scroll down and then find out object guide and object sid. There you can simply find the correct values. There is no need to use some third party utilities for it. And if still you want you can simply go with adfind utility. This is freely available on the web.

I have a solution for that. You can do that through cmd. Open command prompt first. Type wmic useraccount get name,sid and hit enter. The next result will be the information on the account. The place where useraccount is mentioned you have to provide the user name. Then move ahead. This is quiet easy I think. There is no need to use any third party software.