Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

adding pc to a domain without admin rights

Active Directory

Old 27-05-2008

adding pc to a domain without admin rights

There is a setup with us with 2 domain controllers running on Standard Server 2003. One of our users have added his computer to our domain. This user does not have domain admin rights. If I am trying with my own user I am not able to do this. The user claims he only used his own username/password. How can this be possible? Thanks.

Old 27-05-2008

Re: adding pc to a domain without admin rights

You need to check the domain controllers policy and all others by going into Computer configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User rights assignment and then in the right pane "Add workstations to Domain".
Old 02-06-2008

Check the article made on "Error message when non-administrator users who have been delegated control try to join computers to a Windows Server 2003-based or a Windows Server 2008-based domain controller: "Access is denied" from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932455 to solve your issue.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: