Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to create a custom passfilt.dll for Windows 2003 DC

Active Directory

Old 16-05-2008

How to create a custom passfilt.dll for Windows 2003 DC

I am looking for some solution that can help me to modify the Password Complexity in Active Directory. I searched on web for some simple solution bu not able to find anything on it. It looks that the only way to change is simply creating a passfilt.dll file. Later on you will need to register the custom dll and then move ahead with configuration of password complexity. Is there a easy way available than this.

Old 17-05-2008

I will not recommend you to do that. That is a security feature and if you try to modify the same you might face problem with it. It is better you keep it as it is so that you can somehow keep your system secure. Now If still you want to move ahead then you will need to search for some third party software that can do this.
Old 20-05-2008
Joe Kaplan

I am giving you some resources which will help you in finding solution for your issue. Passfilt.dll is provided by Microsoft that offers you internal password policy. For modifying that you will need to understand it well. Or else there can be configuration later on. I do not think any separate dll is going to support this. Just for reference check out the links below one by one.
Password Filters
Password Filter Programming Considerations

Security Management Functions

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: ,