Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Change mime type and file extensions through gpo's

Active Directory

Old 09-04-2008

Change mime type and file extensions through gpo's

We are looking for a way to change the mime types and file types extensions for .tif files that needs to be opened by a specific viewer in a context of an sap update. I have checked that changing file types if possible via Windows Explorers Gui or a combination of assoc.exe and ftype.exe, but I was not able to find a proper tool for changing mime types. Can anyone suggest something similar? Thanks.

Old 10-04-2008

RE: Change mime type and file extensions through gpo's

Well, I am also looking for something similar and if you can find one, then do post it in this thread. I got a Domain where I want to change the default file types and the assoc.exe and ftype.exe.
Old 13-10-2009

Re: Change mime type and file extensions through gpo's

I see it's some times ago... Could this help?

The Articel describes how to set the file association within an Active Directory.
We also upgrade our SAP CRM system and now have problems with opening files through our document archive solution.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory