Thread: Local privileges of domain users

Local privileges of domain users

Can anyone tell me how to automatically make domain users of a group power users of their computers? Thanks for any info.

Re: Local privileges of domain users

I think that you can try to do that with restricted groups feature in a GPO, just check the link here - http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

You do not have to find the intended group, you just need to key the name, follow the below steps:
    1. First of all in Group Policy Management Editor, you need to select Computer Configuration >> Security Settings >> Restricted Groups
    2. After that check in the right pane, right click and select Add Group
    3. Now you have to either "Browse" to find the domain group you want added to the Local Power Users group on the target computers, or simply just key the (domain) group name and then click ok.
    4. Now check in the bottom half of the "Configure Membership for..." dialog, under "This group is a member of:", and then click Add.
    5. After that you need to key the name of the Local group you want populated, in your case, key exactly the words Power Users and then click OK.

Re: Local privileges of domain users

Bruce, I have followed your steps but unfortunately it did not work for me. I am trying to accomplish the same problem. I want to create users in Active Directory and when they sign on their local computers, I want them to be automatically Powers Users rather than Users. I created a group named Test added the user in there, went to Restricted Group added the group Test then wrote Power Users under Member for... then went to the station logged on and nothing, it's still a User and not Power Users.