Thread: Creating Static Routes with DHCP

Creating Static Routes with DHCP

I have noticed in the DHCP scope options that you can add Static default routes, but that will not seem to be what I need. I am looking for a way to static routes from DHCP that are same to the routes we can add from the command line using the route ADD command. Check below for instance:

route ADD 157.0.0.0 MASK 255.0.0.0 157.55.80.1 METRIC 3 IF 2
    destination^ ^mask ^gateway metric^ ^
    Interface^

There is a groupd with me about 100 computers on a separate subnet that I want to add some static routes to. I dont want to make them permanent on the computer if we move a computer off the subnet. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have DHCP add this type of static route? Thanks.

RE: Creating Static Routes with DHCP

I dont know if you can create static routes with a DHCP server, unless the DHCP server that you are using is the one that is built-in to a Cisco Router. I think that a logon script will help. You can do a batch file with the route add command for the same. After that push it out with group policy through security group, and then remove from the group incase the machine no longer wants the script. Incase its based on computer, then do not forget to use the Group Policy Loopback Processing mode in the machine section of the policy so that users will be able to pick up the script, even when they are not in the same OU as the computer.

Re: Creating Static Routes with DHCP

Alright, thanks alot for the solution. The login script that you have mentioned was the last hope for us, will try it out and let you know.