Thread: The RPC server is unavailable.

The RPC server is unavailable.

I am working on a new Windows 2003 Server. I was able to add Active Directory on the same. But somehow there is a problem. I am going to explain my problem in detail. At one of my site there is a DC which is running on Windows 2003 Server with DNS. It is the primary dns server for the the local site on same location. Now there is another DNS server on different site. The DNS is integrated to Active Directory. The second site is connected to my existing via vpn. I am able to ping the server but when I use the command w32tm /monitor I am getting a error. The error is 0x80070057.

The problem can be due to Firewall. If you had enabled a firewall just disable that for sometime and then check back. And if worked then you have to work back on your Firewall configuration. You will need to check properly that it the connection is not getting blocked due to which you are facing the problem. You have to verify problem that all ports are well open or not.

There are some points that I am going to provide and on that basis you must try to find the mistake. It happens that due to some reason the NETBIOS is needed for AD domain. You have to check that whether legacy clients must have NETBIOS resolution. Can you find them in Network Neighborhood.