Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

GroupPolicy Limit Max Profile Size (want more than 30Mb)

Active Directory

Old 17-07-2007

GroupPolicy Limit Max Profile Size (want more than 30Mb)

HI, I?m running a server with several client systems. As of now the roaming profile limit for the users is set to 30MB which I need to increase and limit at 100MB. I guess this can be done by editing system.adm file in any one of the DC but I?m not sure about this. By doing some research on web I have already redirected my DOCS and am considering redirecting the other 2 profile size culprits (desktop and App data) but would really just prefer a 100mb limit on the profile. So if anyone from here can help me out for both of these tasks would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 17-07-2007

Re: GroupPolicy Limit Max Profile Size (want more than 30Mb)

Yes, you can increase user?s roaming profile limit by editing system.adm file but are you sure that you really want to grant users profiles that are larger than 30MB? Well, 30MB that travel around the network is a load of data. Anyways, its your server and your users. Let me tell you that it is just "default" value that Microsoft has put into this. In order to increase you will need to go to %windir%\inf. Here locate and open "system.adm" file and search for the string called "MaxProfileSize". You will find the following here:

Quote:
VALUENAME "MaxProfileSize"
DEFAULT 30000
MAX 30000
MIN 300
Simply change the Max ? line to Max 100000. This will increase the limit from 30MB to 100 MB. That?s it.
Old 17-07-2007

Hello Galiher. I would suggest you to better redirect "My Documents" "My Music" "My Video" and "Favorites" folders to the homedrive using a GPO. This will save a lot of space in the user profiles.
Old 18-07-2007

Thanks Stuartl and LeSueur, appreciate your help!! Hope to get those profiles down to a reasonable size soon!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: , , , , ,