Thread: ADAM Sync Configuration Problems

ADAM Sync Configuration Problems

I want to get the synchronizer to work for my ADAM installation and I have done all the schema updates and everything required before. The issue is that if I am running the adamsync /sync command, then I am getting the below error in the log file and the process will fail:

Establishing connection to target server manager:50000.
    Saving Configuration File on OU=Users,OU=Accounts,O=NMDA,C=US
    Saved configuration file.
    ADAMSync is querying for a writeable replica of manager.web.nmda.org
    Error: DCLocator call failed with error 1355. Attempting to bind directly to
    string.
    Establishing connection to source server manager:389.
    Using file .?dam19.tmp as a store for deferred dn-references.
    Populating the schema cache
    Populating the well known objects cache
    Ldap error occured. ldap_get_next_page_s: Operations Error.
    Extended Info: 000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-031006C5, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR),
    data 0
    Saving Configuration File on OU=Users,OU=Accounts,O=NMDA,C=US
    Saved configuration file.

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Re: ADAM Sync Configuration Problems

There is a namespace issue, the DSA is pointin to a namespace it is not able to cover. Also, the problem is that you cant transgorm the naming contexts in that way, so in your config.xml if your source-ad-partition is dc=web,dc=nmda,dc=org, then you have to create an ADAM naming context dc=web,dc=nmda,dc=org, <target-rdn>.

In lab environment have AD 2000 schema need to pull information so can host in an ADAM instance running AD2003. Have setup separate forest from production and I am experiencing a similar problem trying to setup an Adam instance. Have created the instance, used gui to sync schemas, ran the ldifde to extend for Win 2k03 and meta data. Now trying to run the "adamsync /install using the MS-adamsyncconf.xml file and receive the following error.
    "unable to read attribute object class on dc=test,dc=domain,dc=com"

After running the schema analyzer had 1776 attributes from target domain server and after choosing "all non-present elements" final LDIF file listed at 1558 attributes.

Can export the user contents from target domain with no problem but cannot import into adam instance nor run this sync command.

Incase the source AD you are syncing from is Windows 2000 then you have to install an ADAM instance, and after that you can use ADSchemaAnalyzer to sync the schemas and then import MS-AdamSyncMetaData.ldf. Note the permissions that you have to be added for the account being used for sync.

adamsync /install worked - reply from system is "done"

However, now try the /sync and receive error

Ldap error occured, ldap_bind-s: invalid credentials
    Extended info: 8009030c: LdapErr: DSID-0c0903e2, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 0, v893.

Re: ADAM Sync Configuration Problems

Can you try to check source-ad-account and account-domain in the XML config that you have and if possible use /passprompt on the adamsync /install command line to specify password for that account.

Trying to run "adamsync /fs" get error message
    Ldap error occured. ldap_bind_s: Invalid Credentials.
    Extended Info: 8009030C: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903E2, comment: AcceptSecurityContext
    error, data 0, v893.

Any ideas on the invalid credentials, where to look in the Adam instance to verify what this is looking at? We have a separate forest that Adam resides in going back to our production forest to pull the information.

Thanks for the reply, but my later post states we are past the /sync command and running into problem with /fs command. Tried the /passprompt but do not get a prompt for a password.

Trying to run "adamsync /fs" get error message
    Ldap error occured. ldap_bind_s: Invalid Credentials.
    Extended Info: 8009030C: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903E2, comment: AcceptSecurityContext
    error, data 0, v893.

Where is this command looking for its credentials to run the full sync command? Is there a configuration file we need to look at? The ADSchemaAnalyzer was setup using an account to the production domain that works fine, in addition we have put this account in the xml config file.

Getting further in our quest for ADAM instance for the AD. Received this error in the log file while performing the sync operation. Checking under ADSI edit actually see CN objects of the domain objects so seems to be working. Anyway to bypass these errors and move on? How to do this operation with Global Catalog entries?

Ldap error occured. ldap_add_sW: Naming Violation.
    Extended Info: 00002099: NameErr: DSID-03050F78, problem 2005 (NAMING_VIOLATION), data 0, best match of:
    'CN=Builtin,dc=blamericas,dc=bausch,dc=com'

Getting problem while configuring ADAM on server...

Hello,
    i have install ADAM on window server2003 and tryiing to add user in active directory in application using activedirectory membership provider...

I am getting "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException:An unknown error occured while processing the request on the server.The status code returned from the server was :500" this error when i am trying to add user to Active directory using create user wizard control with use of activedirectory membership provider...

Can anybody pls help me to solve this issue...??

<connectionStrings>

<add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString=LDAP://ServerName:389/OU=West,O=Magic,C=US/>
    </connectionStrings>

<membership defaultProvider="MembershipADProvider">
    <providers>

<add name="MembershipADProvider" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"
    type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web,Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

connectionUserName="Admin user of ADAM" // Is this right?

connectionPassword="passwd of admin user "
    connectionProtection="None" />

</providers>
    </membership>