Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to create certificate with private key

Active Directory

Old 05-06-2007

How to create certificate with private key

This is Windows server 2003 Active Directory. I wanted to enable LDAP and SSL in the same. While searching I found KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321051. Followed the mentioned instructions to enable the same but at one step it says I need to install a certificate into the computer's Personal store which should have an associated private key. Hereís the problem starts. I took certificate request specified in that article and modified the Subject line. Then I created certificate request using 'certreq -new'. But the problem Iím facing is that this certificate does not end up with an associated private key.

I have deleted and revoked some earlier certificates on my system. Could their presence be, somehow, interfering with the creation of a private key-associated certificate for this system? Please help.

Old 06-06-2007

Re: How to create certificate with private key

Your situations sounds bit complicated. SO before i can suggest you something can you just tell how actually generating Your certificate, i mean, does your CA have an option to export certificate with private key?Also does your CA isn't working as an enterprise CA?

Anyways, if you are requesting certificate from CA through web page then you should find an option there to mark keys as exportable and export them to the file. See if it works.
Old 08-06-2007

Re: How to create certificate with private key

Thanks for the help JUSTICE. I followed the exact procedure mentioned in this Microsoft Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321051. I havenít made any mistake in the procedure. Please check that article and tell me what is wrong?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: , , ,