Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to connect remote user in Active directory

Active Directory

Old 07-04-2007

How to connect remote user in Active directory

I am using Windows 2003 Standard Server with Active Directory Services. The lan users are able to connect to this server fine but if I am trying from my another remote location then the client machine gives error while trying to connect to Windows 2003 Server "Unable to contact to server". I am able to ping Windows 2003 server fine from Remote location. How do I solve this issue, does anyone knows? Thanks.

Old 08-04-2007

RE: How to connect remote user in Active directory

Can you take a network monitor trace on the client machine while trying to join it to the domain and check why is it failing? I dont know what all ports are opened on the server side, so also check the Windows Firewall on the client and try to disable it. Also check the below link for some more troubleshooting:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832017

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory