Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to perform gpupdate in Windows server

Active Directory

Old 06-04-2007

How to perform gpupdate in Windows server

I need some help to perform a remote gpupdate. I am trying to do the same through cmd but somehow I cannot find appropriate output. Now this is a kind of manual process. Can anyone tell me how to do the same automatically. What are the automatic options available that can allow me to perform this thing on automatic basis. I just do not want to go for the same manually.

Old 06-04-2007

re: How to perform gpupdate in Windows server

You can configure the same through group policy. For that go in Computer configuration and then click on Administrative Templates. In that click on Systems and then click on Group Policy. Now here you can configure the refresh interval for computers you want to update. The policy works automatically in the background without any interference.
Old 06-04-2007

You can also use PSExec. The command for the same is PSExec-d. Through gpu you can perform the processo but I think there will be some issue. I am giving you a link that has detail information on the issue that you are facing.

Gpupdate

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: ,