Thread: How do I set registry key permissions using GPO

How do I set registry key permissions using GPO

I want to force users to log off their pcs after some time due to inactivity. So for that I want to use winexit.scr to do this job for me. The ScreenSaver is installed and works fine. I use Group Policy to set the screensaver as winexit.scr (logoff screen saver) and to set the time in which it should run. It all works properly. The issue is when a standard user is logged on the computer then I get this message "Error encountered while creating registry key. Make sure you have set values and create subkey permissions are ok." So for that I went to the MS website and found a fix to change the permissions on a registry key HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    \IniFileMappings\Control.ini, so all users have set value and make subkey permissions. But the issue is that I dont want to go to every computer and set this manually. I want to have a GPO set this for me. But I dont know how to do that, so can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Re: How do I set registry key permissions using GPO

You can try to go to Computer > Windows Settings > security > Registry area. Other things that you need to notice is that "Logoff Screen Saver Does Not Function in Windows NT", check the article here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q156677