Thread: Delegate exchange tasks

Delegate exchange tasks

To create user accounts I have delegated the Help Desk Department that I am using, but they dont have the ability to create the users mailbox. Can anyone tell me where can I assign them permissions to do this things? I dont want them to be able to administer my Exchange Server, just to create Distributing groups and user mailboxes.

RE: Delegate exchange tasks

I think that you can use Delegate control by right clicking on the Ou/Domain and following the wizard. If you want to go for advance settings, then you can use another way which is assign security permission on the selected domain/OU. You can check for some more information for delegate control on this link - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...p/ctrlwiz.mspx

Thanks for the solution, that did the trick. I was able to remove the Help Desk's ability to delete user accounts and want to also delete their ability to delete a mailbox. Can anyone tell me how to do this without removing their ability to create a mailbox? Thanks

If you want to prevent user from delete mailbox, then you can assign permission on mailbox store level, usually from ESM. You can try to read for some information from the below links:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...af3d32abb.aspx

I dont think that will work, the delete occurs when the homeMDB attribute on the user object is cleared. You do not have to access to the config container which is where the ESM sets permissions.

When you will give anyone the ability to mailbox, then enable users you are indirectly giving access to manage the Exchange servers, atleast in a bad way. The person could mailbox enable a ton of users and point them all at the same mailbox, they could manipulate the user mailbox quota's etc.