Thread: Group Policy - enabling users to view "My Computer, IE, My Documents" on desktop

Group Policy - enabling users to view "My Computer, IE, My Documents" on desktop

I have just made a GPO to lock down the desktop for all the users. I am having standard background, and disabling want any ability for the users to change their desktop background. The issue begins where in XP Pro, those 3 times are not on the desktop by default. But with my GPO, thy cannot right click on the desktop and customize the desktop to add My Documents, My Computer, and Internet Explorer. Since they are network users, I dont trust them to be able to open up windows explorer and create shortcuts, is there anyway to place those 3 times on the desktop using a GPO. Thanks for any information.

Re: Group Policy - enabling users to view "My Computer, IE, My Documents" on desktop

You can try to enforce the Start Menu to startup in classic way. All you have to do is then find all your icons on the desktop again and you will get it back.