Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

The name "Donaminname :1d" could not be registered

Active Directory

Old 06-01-2007

The name "Donaminname :1d" could not be registered

I am running a Windows 2003 Server or DC. Due to some unknown problem the name "Donaminname:1d" is not able to get registered on the Interface with
IP address 10.6.70.52. The system assigned IP address 10.6.70.51(PDC emulator) is now allowing the name to be claimed by this system.

Do anyone here have any idea why is it happening and how can i fix the same? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-01-2007

RE: The name "Donaminname :1d" could not be registered

Well to me it sounds like a WINS issue as 1D - Master browser (Domain name). By the way are you able to check WINS server for errors?? Reply back with the errors if any.
Old 06-01-2007

RE: The name "Donaminname :1d" could not be registered

Thank you very much for the reply Hockson. But we ate not using any WINS at all.
Old 06-01-2007

Re: The name "Donaminname :1d" could not be registered

Hi, i have been through this problem earlier where my W2k3 member server started to giving me the same error message. I just added the WINS server in the network configuration and the problem was solved. See if it helps you as well.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: ,