Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Active Directory Installation Wizard was unable to convert the com

Active Directory

Old 26-03-2005

Active Directory Installation Wizard was unable to convert the com

If I am trying to run Dcpromo.exe to create a replica domain controller, then I am getting an error message that states "Active Directory Installation Wizard was unable to convert the com". Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Old 30-03-2005

I have been through your article and thought that I would like to discuss certain things with you. Seems like you had almost a harrowing experience in getting a Windows 2003 machine up as a DC in a Windows 2000 domain.

Below is the things that you might be facing:
a) The Sysvol in the only Windows 2000 DC did not have the policies
b) The security access permissions gpt stripped off for some reason and you were unable to get back in the domain
c) You were unable to DCPromo a Windows 2003 machine in the Windows 2000 domain after that

In this scenario, we need to use only 3 steps and would have resolved the whole thing. If you are interested then please post your reply. I will wait for an update.
Old 26-08-2009

Re: Active Directory Installation Wizard was unable to convert the com

There is step by step method given to solve this problem, just follow this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/232070

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory