Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Bulk rename of user accounts in Active Directory

Active Directory

Old 06-03-2005

Bulk rename of user accounts in Active Directory

What are possible options available through which I can rename a high number of users in Active Directory. I am trying to change the naming policy here but there are more than 1000 user available. I cannot simply go blindly and simply move ahead. There can be problem with the same. I tried to do the same on test machine but I found a bit error in that. I need some help here.

Old 07-03-2005

To do that you will need a vbscript. That is the best way to rename bulk users on DC. I do not think there will be any tool or utility available that can really help. You can simple go on web and find out a proper script that you can test first and then apply on the main system.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: ,