Thread: DSAdd Users Multiple Users

DSAdd Users Multiple Users

Can anyone tell me a way to add multiple users using dsadd user command? If I am typing this comman, then it completes properly and the user is added. I have merged a doc in word and excel to create a .txt file saved as dsadd.txt and used unicode formatting. If I am copying and pasting into the cmd prompt then I get the error message that "dsadd failed: 'OU=Students,' is an unknown parameter." Is there any solution for this issue? Thanks.

Re: DSAdd Users Multiple Users

I normally use VBScript for that, and have it read from an Excel Spreadsheet. Most of the code that I use was liberally borrowed from a website called rlmueller.net. Search for the CreateUsers script.

Thank you, but when I rung the script then I am getting an error saying that "a referral was returned form the server. Code:8007202B source: (null)". I dont know what else to do?

Those are normally generic scripts. Since with all VBScripts, you will have to edit them for your own domain and put the changes in both the Excel file and the VBScript file that related to your domain. You can try to edit the VBScript by right clicking on it and selecting edit.

hey all
    i need some help with my project,

i have to get an excel(2003) spreadsheet for my lecturer to be able to copy and past all the student names and student id's, the student user names will be determined by there whole last name and the first letter of there first name eg: Stuart Hayes HyesS and there passwords will be there student id until the first logion when they have to change it to the Microsoft standards (numbers and letters) My project will have to be an excel spread sheet that will when you click a macro Add the user account names and passwords with the correct settings (all roaming profiles) on the server 2003 that will be able to be used over the campus. please help me i need to know how this can be done.

does the server needs excell installed to run it ?

well it's weird I tried to use it and I got an error . vbscript cannot open excel.. i did some search and i was told that the error is because the vbscript tried to open excel that is not installed at the server. if i run the same script in my workstation it dont appear this error..but gives me an error regarding the domain name..

do you have the link for this version that uses vbscript and xls file and works without the excel installed on ?

I downloaded your code and when i tried to run it on the DC I got an error when i tried to run the vbs.
    line 50 char 5
    error: could not locate automation class named "excel.application".
    code: 80020009
    source: wscript.createobject

the line 50 is this one Set oXL = WScript.CreateObject("EXCEL.application")

can you help me out please ??