Thread: W32Time Error on Domain Controllers

W32Time Error on Domain Controllers

I had configured one of my root server to sync with NTP time server. It was working fine. But after some hours I am getting a error. I found that in the event viewer. The event id is 38. The error is The time provider NtpClient cannot reach or is currently receiving invalid time data from time server. There were a couple of more error. Like no valid response received from manual configuration. The event id was 47 & event id 29. How can I fix them.

There are some set of commands that you will need to perform to find out the problem you are facing. For that open cmd and then first type net stop w32time hit enter. Then type w32tm /unregister and hit enter. Later on again to register type w32tm /register hit enter. To start the service at last you will need to type net start w32time. Just check back later on whether the time server service is restored or not.

Can be due to some port problem. You have to ensure that the external time server are accessible or not. I am giving you few helpful links that has more information on the issue. Below are two links that are having ample of information on your issue. This would help you more in fixing the issue.

Time synchronization may not succeed when you try to synchronize with a non-Windows NTP server in Windows Server 2003
    In Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP, W32Time frequently logs Event ID 50, and poor time synchronization occurs