Thread: Vista can't join active domain

Vista can't join active domain

I am facing a problem when I am trying to connect Windows Vista to a Windows 2008 Server. This is the first time I am facing problem with connectivity with the server. I had done this before on Windows Server 2003 where things work fine. There was no issue with connectivity. I am getting the following error : An attempt to resolve the DNS name of a DC in the domain being joined has failed. Please verify this client is configured to reach DNS server that can resolve DNS names in the target domain.I am trying to find working solution for the same.

Looks like problem with dns. It might be broken due to which you are getting the error. You must try to checkout your dns whether it is working fine or not. You can simply check that by using nslookup. If the dns is properly specified in the same and connectivity is proper you will not face any great problem. Try to run ipconfig /all and see whether all details is listed properly or not.

Even I think the problem lies with dns server. The connectivity is dropping due to which you are facing issue. Ensure that the client settings is proper or not. There must not be problem with connectivity. And if still nothing works then you can do one thing. Try to add the dns server manually in the client system and check back. This might surely fix the issue.