Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

The Directory Service is currently unavailable

Active Directory

Old 20-04-2006

The Directory Service is currently unavailable

I just upgraded the hadrware on a Windows Server 2003 Domain Controller. I then ran through the repair install just like explained in the ms kb article and have also applied all the updates and SP1 is also installed. I have now started to get issue with adding printers on the workstations. When I go through the add printer wizard and select Find printer in the directory, then I am getting this error message "The Directory Service is currently unavailable." Any ideas?

Old 05-05-2006

Incase you have upgraded it, then it should just work fine. The problem might be somewhere else. Lets start by providing an unedited ipconfig /all from this machine and also can you tell us the AD DNS name as well.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: ,