Thread: Unable to unauthorize DHCP server

Unable to unauthorize DHCP server

I need some help here to un-authorize a dhcp server. It is already decomissioned. When I try to do that I am getting a error on the screen saying There is no such object on this server. This is a bit annoying. I also tried to to use netsh but somehow it also failed. I want to delete the entry of old server from dns but I am unable to do anything. What should I do best to remove a old dhcp server appropriately from everywhere.

It looks you are not running the command properly due to which you are facing problem. I am giving you a link below that has proper detail on using netsh command. Just refer the link below and post back whether you are getting solution on the same or not.

How to Use Netsh.exe to Authorize, Unauthorize and List DHCP Servers in Active Directory

Here is a short explanation on issue that I am facing. I was also trying to remove DHCP from the DC. I used ADSI to find to what is left in the same. I went inside Configuration container for Network where I found a entry in dhcproot. After opening the same there was some variable related to the dhcp server. I removed that and things went back to normal. It is working fine now. Just check the same.