Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Minimum password length policy setting broken?

Active Directory

Old 03-12-2004

Minimum password length policy setting broken?

I need some help to work with ldifde utility. I am trying to create a user on Windows Server with all the patches and updates installed. Somehow it looks there is a problem with password setup. Now I do not know what happens to ldifde utility. It is not working. I am using a simple password here.

Old 03-12-2004

re: Minimum password length policy setting broken?

You have to ensure that you can properly configure the password policy settings. It looks you are missing something here. The settings are applied on the default domain gpo. And so on the users also. A number of time common mistakes appear due to which you face issue with policy settings. You must simply ensure that the complexity of password is configured on minimum.
Old 06-12-2004

Check the link below. If you are not able to work with minimum password length policy then you can simply try to enforce strong password. I am sure that is going to work really well. The password policy here is not a issue the problem lies with configuration. The below link will guide you more on strong password usage.
Enforcing Strong Password Usage Throughout Your Organization

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Active Directory
Tags: ,