Thread: is there a possible way to test LDAP connection on Active Directory

is there a possible way to test LDAP connection on Active Directory

hey guys, I need to use LDAP to have a authentication against Active Directory 2003. and to further state, , we are not even sure of the fact that what port AD is making use of to accept LDAP queries. i am not finding the easiest way to test and want to know from you that which will be the easy way to simply test that we can successfully have a connection established to Active Directory by means of LDAP?

Re: is there a possible way to test LDAP connection on Active Directory

i can find some solution by visiting some sites, and came to know that LDAP should be on port 389 and i generally like by making use of the LDAP browser tool to test connections .it will be available free and works well in my case.

there are soem steps to be followed at teh time of testing the LDAP connection on Active Directory
    You do not require to have Bamboo running to run this tool. The steps are as follows:
    initially have a download into a directory where you have permissions to create files.
    then copy your atlassian-user.xml into that directory . you will be able to this find thsi in your <Bamboo-Install>/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/ directory.
    finally run the java -jar paddle-x.x.jar

OK, in this case i will suggest you some sample which will prove is useful in testing the parameters for connecting to an LDAP or Microsoft Active Directory server, and for making a confirmation of the results of a search passed to the directory services server. for this to be done successively you require SASĀ® Integration Technologies is require to be installed and licensed on the host on which this sample is made run.

The example uses LDAP call routines to have a search of an LDAP directory for an entry, and then afterwards iteratively writes each attribute to the SASĀ® log. The call routines work with Microsoft Active Directory server and other directory servers by making use of either LDAP Version 2 or Version 3.